Saturday, March 21, 2015

How Domestic Worker Can Get a UK Working Visa

If you hold a Philippine passport and are planning to work in the United Kingdom for 6 months or more, you will need to get a working visa.

Before starting with your applications, you need to determine which type of visa is appropriate for you. Each type of visa comes with different requirements, fees, and limitations.

A Domestic Worker in a Private Household visa is applicable if you will be working as a caregiver, cleaner, chauffeur, cook, nanny or other similar jobs.  

To be eligible for this type of visa, you need to be:
·         between 18 to 65 years old
·         have worked at least one year for your employer
·         Either working in the same household as your employer or a house they regularly use.

The required documents for a domestic worker visa include:
·         a current passport (or valid travel ID)
·         2 colored passport-size pictures
·         a proof that you can support yourself during your stay (a bank statement or payslips for the previous 6 months)
·         details regarding where you will be staying, and
·         a return travel booking.

Visa applications can be done online via the UK government’s official website found at Detailed information about each visa type (along with eligibility, fees, requirements pertaining to family members, etc) can also be found on the site.

You can also refer to our past blog articles How to Work in United Kingdom, and UK Sponsor to be Required for UK Visa Application.