Saturday, February 28, 2015

Documents You Need When You Want to Work Abroad

As an OFW, you should know that there are proper and legal way to be recruited for overseas jobs. Now you must understand that as an applicant, certain documents must be prepared, processed and signed/stamped to be able to pursue a job abroad. These documents have to be secured from proper venues.
Usually, these documents are needed, and when hired through a recruitment agency, an applicant must prepare and secure the following basic documents:
  • Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate (autheticated by NSO)
  • High School and/or College Diploma (High School diploma must be authenticated by the DepEd while the Colle diploma must be authenticated by CHED)
  • Certificates of Employment
  • Professional License (if any)
  • Skills or trade test Certification (if any)
  • Other documents such as marriage contract (for married female applicants), certificate from National Commission of Muslin Filipinos (for Muslim applicants)
  • Certificates of training
  • NBI Clearance or Police Clearance

What if I am a name-hire applicant?
Apart from the basic documents, a name-hire must secure the following documents for himself:
  • employment contract (verified and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy which has dimplomatic jurisdiction over country of work)
  • Working visa/employment permit
  • Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) Certificate
  • Certificate of Medical Clearance

What if I am a returning OFW (Balik-Manggagawa), what documents do I need to secure and process?
Returning OFWs or those that went home for vacation but needs to go back to their foreign employers must prepare:
  • their passport bearing working visa or equivalent
  • return ticket
  • Overseas Employment Certificate or OEC
Just a reminder for you applicant, these documents should be processed at the institutions that issue such documents. Never ever deal with fixers.