Overseas Filipino workers or OFWs are into the craze of getting a work in the United Kingdom nowadays. This is because of the good compensation and benefit package offered to OFWs.
Though many overseas job scams linger on the web to prey on unsuspecting victims, OFWs should be careful on their application for job openings in United Kingdom.
If you have been hired as a skilled worker, you will need to apply for a United Kingdom Visa called “Tier 2 (General) visa”. One of the major requirements for this is a certificate of sponsorship issued by a licensed sponsor.
Naturally, the nature of work you will do in the country should be related to your sponsor’s work. With this visa, you can stay in the UK for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days.
For the Tier 2 visa, OFWs will have to provide:
- a current passport (or valid travel ID)
- a colored passport-size picture
- a bank statement that declares you have savings amounting to £945 within the past 90 days, or
- a certification from your sponsor that they will support you for your first month of employment
- a proof that you meet the English Language requirement, and
- your tuberculosis test result
OFWs can have their visa applications done online via the UK government’s official website found at www.gov.uk. Detailed information about each visa type (along with eligibility, fees, requirements pertaining to family members, etc) can also be found by OFWs on the site.