To avoid long lines and unnecessary trip to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), the government agency encourages passport applicants to first schedule an appointment before heading to their office.
Not all passport applicants though can avail of the DFA Passport Appointment System. It is only available to new passport applicants and those who are applying for renewal. Those who have lost their passports and want to apply for a new one, they have to personally go at the Gate 2 of the DFA, Pasay City to schedule an appointment.
There are also individuals that are exempted from the passport appointment system. It means that they can go directly to the DFA office located at ASEANA Business Park, Bradco Avenue corner Macapagal Boulevard, Paranaque City even without an appointment. Applicants who want to avail of this privilege enter through the Gate 3 of the DFA building and the courtesy lane is at the second floor. It is open from Monday to Friday only. It is not available on a Saturday. The DFA courtesy lane is available to:
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) with valid employment contract
- Government employees (regular status)
- Senior citizens (applicants who are more than 60 years old)
· Spouse of government employee
· Unmarried children of government employee
· Parents of government employee
· Incumbent elected officials
· Barangay Elected Officials
· Retired government employee of not more than 1 year
For those who cannot be accommodated at the DFA courtesy lane, here are the steps one should do to be able to schedule an appointment on the web.
- Fill out the required information at this link: http://epassport.com.ph/set-appointmentand submit.Make sure that the information you provide is accurate.
- You also need to check that you have the documentary requirements for passport application and renewal before setting an appointment.
- Choose an appointment date and time.
- After successfully setting an appointment online, you should check your email address for the reference number and a link to print your application form.
- There is a verification link that you need to click to confirm the schedule. Failure to confirm the appointment within 24 hours will cancel the appointment.
- You will need to bring the printed application form to the DFA on your appointment.
- Now that you have verified your appointment, make sure that you arrive at the DFA building 30 minutes before your schedule. Latecomers will not be accommodated and would need to set another appointment for another day.
On the other hand, those who come too early would need to wait for their appointment time before they would be entertained.
- The DFA site also reminds applicants that appointments from 5:00PM onwards will be considered rush processing.
- For applicants who can't make it on their appointment schedule date, may use the cancel appointment feature to avoid problems in your future applications.
For more inquiries, one may contact (02) 737-1000 from 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday.